Saturday, September 7, 2013

WHEN IS A CHICKEN SALAD NOT A CHICKEN SALAD

I love the sheer variety of places to eat when in a big city.

At home, there are only two Chinese restaurants, about three Mexican restaurants, six fast-food joints and a handful of sit-down restaurants.

Oh, and one Korean and one Vietnamese place.

And that's within an hour's drive from my place.

Here in Oceanside, there is literally HUNDREDS of eating places to choose from.

So today we stopped at a Firehouse Subs for, yes, don't be surprised, a subway sandwich.

I ordered a chicken salad sub... at least I thought I did.

I was confused when they did NOT ask me what type of bread I wanted, but verbally listed every type of dressing available - which isn't unusual as a condiment on a sandwich, but I thought rather lengthy in their variety.

So what did I end up with?

A salad.

A chicken salad.

It wasn't bad.

But it was NOT a sub.

No comments: