Wednesday, September 18, 2013

CHOICE ROOMMATES

I've had my fair share of odd roommates.

My first roommate in college woke up each and every morning SMILING - it was horrible.

I had a roomie who planted marijuana in my terrarium without my knowledge (or permission).

But after seeing my brother's latest two roommates, I have nothing to complain about.

He is still in a nursing home recovering from and adjusting to his leg amputation.

And I haven't been all that sympathetic to his complaining about his roommate's serious coughing - I mean, the man's trying to breath, right? And it isn't that bad of a cough... well, at least when you don't have to listen to it 24/7.

So today I visited him for the first time in his new room, and was greeted cheerfully (which hasn't been the norm) by a fully dressed (even to his shoe) adult male.

I didn't realize that sleep deprivation had been effecting his personality so much.

And hopefully this will continue.  Because his roommate is borderline comatose.


No comments: