Monday, September 9, 2013

BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS

My daughter's book club meets in a few nights, and they want some suggestions of possible good reads.

So I went back over my amazon.com orders for the past several years specifically to find some promising book titles from my own book club's selections.

And instead got horribly distracted by all the crap I have ordered at various times.

I have spent a stupid amount of money on worthless things - fly fringes that come to the tops of my horses' eyes (i.e. absolutely no good) - saddle hangers that I have never hung (my saddles still sit aloft a regular paint ladder) - fly sprays that provided a good smell but completely useless in repelling any type of insect.

I must admit to buying multiple of the same book and/or DVD - I think I've been through three copies of both seasons of the BBC Sherlock. The books mainly because I give away the copy I have - "Here, you must read this!", and the DVDs because I literally wear them out.

Although I have yet to succumb to one of the 2 a.m. television commercials for those "Order Within The Next Ten Minutes, And We'll Include A Special Bonus Item!", I must admit I am a sucker for ANYthing that will hasten or eliminate household chores. So I own two vacuums, numerous brushes/brooms, glass cleaners or special sprays.

They don't do the actual work for you, they are just tools, so useless.

And books? The majority of books my own book club has been through aren't ones I'd possibly recommend, with a few notable exceptions... yes, ones that I myself advanced as worthy of reading.

No comments: