Sunday, September 29, 2013

OCTOBER

I like the month of October.

School's begun, and every one's back to their usual work schedule and commute.

There aren't any major holidays you need to prepare for until Halloween at the very tail end.

And Halloween is one of those "optional" holidays - the younger your children, the more you get involved in it, with decorations and costumes and special trick-or-treats; the older you are, you just hand out candy.

I have it lucky there.

I live way out in the country, where even if there were loads of children, we have no streetlights and generally no outside lights on our homes, in order to preserve the incredible night sky we have.

And it is DARK.

So I don't have to decorate or prepare in any such way.

October is also when it (finally) begins to cool off around here - at least at night.






The leaves on the trees in the mountains begin to change, and the green slowly becomes those beautiful reds and oranges.

Yeah, I think I can take on October this year just fine.

No comments: