Friday, August 30, 2013

PURSUANT TO SECTIONS 13-192 TO 13-919


I have been informed that I owe the state of Maryland $6,003.27 because of an insurance lapse on my car.

I have been threatened that "any State income tax refund otherwise due you (will) be intercepted and applied toward (my) indebtedness."

So I guess it's a collection letter.

I have been dealing with a lot of those, since my older brother's medical treatment up to and including his amputation was not covered by any insurance, and my home is his mailing address.

The first one is usually fairly nice, stating the amount owed with even an apology about if the check crosses this letter in the mail.


The second warns of possible legal action, and every letter after that is simply more and more menacing.


So I've been accustomed to reading these sort of "send us the money immediately or else you will die."

And with this one, I have an ace up my sleeve.

I haven't even been IN the state of Maryland since 1999, and unless my truck is making night-time beamings there, I haven't had an automobile registered in the state of Maryland for that same amount of time.

I think I'm safe.


No comments: