Thursday, August 8, 2013

MAKING FRIENDS


(An old song by Elton John that I had completely forgotten about - check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfIDT0kJ7s - please ignore the ad)





The landscape around here looks like something from Ireland, not southern Arizona.

We've had a decent monsoon so far this year, and everything around here is furiously blooming and growing and making this arid landscape look like the tropics.

And since I don't believe in mowing the eight acres of land our house is on, it's pretty crazy looking around here.

Since I got rid of our goats a few months back, I only have the horses to graze it down.

So tonight my husband was in charge of Renegade, and I took Najale out.

And I must admit to a completely alternative purpose.

Not just grazing.

But to get Najale and Renegade better acquainted.

If things go as planned, when all the other Arabs I am horse-sitting go back to their rightful owner, Renegade is going to stay with us.

So I need to help these two boys get along with each other.

What better way than to allow them to pig out together for a bit of time?

No comments: