Tuesday, August 20, 2013

AN OPENED WINDOW

I finally finished clearing out one corner of my room that has been the stashing place for thousands (literally, I am afraid) of old file, notebooks, random photographs, and (I am being brutally honest here) mouse spoor/feces/dung (yes, that's what was underneath all the paperwork).

I cleaned everything up nicely, and then immediately filled it back up, just with newer stacks of old files, notebooks, random photographs.

But there now was a clear opening to a window that has been shuttered and curtained for the past several years.






So I opened it.

What is there about new air currents - different scents floating through the window - a completely novel view of my mountains?




Now that I've opened it, I hope I never shut it again.






No comments: