Sunday, December 1, 2013

PREPARING FOR BATTLE

I am accustomed to several things at home on Sundays.

No. 1 - I have someone who almost every week does not want to go to church.

No. 2 - I must leave for church at least 35-40 minutes in advance to get there in time.

and No. 3... well, I can't think of a No. 3 at the moment.

Today?

I had two children who were eager and willing to attend church.

I had a three minute drive to church.

And it was a very relaxing experience being in church and not having to DO anything -

- To not have to be prepared to substitute in Jr. or Sr. Primary

- To be ready to conduct any one of the three hymns in our sacrament meeting

- And mostly to not have to deal with someone who really didn't want to be there.

Instead, I had a granddaughter who drew me several marvelous landscapes of horses and snow and pumpkin patches -- I had a grandson who sat quietly and listened to the testimonies born - I didn't have to do ANYthing in either of the classes I attended other than introduce myself as a visitor.

I think I like Sundays here.




No comments: