Sunday, December 15, 2013

HOME SWEET SWEET HOME

Yes, I had a perfectly lovely time in Southern California with my daughter's family.

I got to sleep on a MUCH more expensive and nicer mattress than what I have at home.





I played with my grand kids, and watched way too episodes of "American's Funniest Home Videos" (which still seems to me to be nothing but repeated shots of men getting painfully hit in the groin).

I ate In 'N Out burgers every single chance I got, and learned to love Jersey Mike's subs.

I learned my ten-year-old grandson can give pretty good directions to a lot of places in and around Oceanside.


But I'm back with my same old slightly lumpy mattress with my favorite two green blankets and my best pillow.

I have a crazy dog dancing around every time she sees me.

I have a cat curled up immediately in my lap when ever I sit down.






I have a horse which whinnies anytime he sees me outside.

I have eighteen episodes of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, the Colbert Report, Modern Family and Elementary to watch.

And I still have half of a left-over pizza in the fridge for breakfast and lunch tomorrow.

I am happy to be back home.

No comments: