Saturday, November 30, 2013

YES, THERE IS AN EASIER WAY TO GET THERE, BUT...

This morning we all scrunched into the Prius to drive to the airport to drop my daughter and son-in-law off to catch their flight to Hawaii for a week.

And I nonchalantly was taking notice of the route my son-in-law was driving to be able to follow it on the return trip.

I'm pretty good at getting somewhere after I've been there once before, and while I haven't driven here in quite a while, I'm pretty familiar with the area.





I only began to panic slightly when he turned onto the first freeway going what I was certain was the COMPLETELY the wrong direction - heading east instead of west.

And about the third highway change, I was truly getting a bit terrified - how could I possibly return this way, when it seemed out-of-sync with all the ways I had been before?

After bragging about my internal compass and great ability to mimic any route, I simply could not eat crow and admit I was completely turned around.

Thank God for MapQuest.

And once I got on the main freeway and realized I could get home simply that way (albeit a few miles out of the way), I relaxed and got the grandkids and me home safely.




No comments: