Tuesday, December 18, 2012

LIBERAL RANTING AND RAVING

I didn't used to consider myself a liberal.

Partially because of the sheer pride in which my husband has always declared himself a liberal Democrat - it always rubs me a bit the wrong way, it seems to be him bending over backwards to not be his Republican father.

And the term "liberal" always seems to be, excuse me, too ACTIVE a term for someone as politically lazy as I have been.

So what is now driving me to apply this term to myself?

The conservatives.

GUN CONTROL immediately becomes TAKING AWAY ALL OF OUR SELF-DEFENSE.

GAY MARRIAGE THREATENING AMERICAN FAMILY.

BIRTH CONTROL = WILD GROUP ORGY SEX

(well, maybe this one is exaggerated a bit).

I'm not saying they are the only ones who use hyperboles such as this; the liberals can use the same ammunition.

It just seems to be the ONLY way they will "discuss" controversial subjects.

The one that triggered this blog today is in response to the tragedy in Connecticut.

IF GOD WERE ONLY ALLOWED IN SCHOOLS...

This really gets my blood pressure up.

Sure, this sounds all cozy-sweet-Jesus-loving-cotton-candy-sweet.

But, if, as they say, PRAYERS WERE ALLOWED IN SCHOOLS...

Then WHAT prayers?

Catholic rosary? Christian? The five obligatory Muslim prayers?
Prayer over lunch? Prayer over snacks? Prayer to visit the restroom in safety?

Who decides when? What kind? And who leads it?
What if someone wants silent prayer, and another wants to sing it?

And what about the child who does NOT want to pray? Should they be forced to? Or banished because they don't?

Freedom of religion means that YOU don't get to decide what MY form of worship will be. That I do not have to worship as you do, and in particular my CHILD does not have to worship like your child does.



And this one kinda says it all for me:



Okay, Hope, now take a deep breath and move on to more important things - like loving all these people making all these bumper-sticker slogans regardless of their political views.

No comments: