Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A COMEDY OF ERRORS


What is something you should not do when you are trying to get someone to the emergency room?

Do something stupid that guarantees you also get a ride in the ambulance to the E.R.

My husband has been suffering from one particular whopper of a kidney stone, but then developed an infection from its removal.

And by late Sunday afternoon, was feverish and sick enough to warrant a trip to the E.R. and not wait for regular consulting hours on Monday.

But as I was pulling out from the house, a errant dog of mine decided at that moment to show back up on our doorstep.

And since that night was supposed to get down to freezing, I felt I could not justify leaving her outside for the night.

So I jumped out of the truck, trotted back to the house to let her in, and...

TRIPPED.

Right into the nice decorative stones that surround our house - in face, my forehead DIRECTLY into a sharpish sort of stone - which then split my face open with an immediate deluge of blood all over EVERYthing.

Bill was too sick to drive, so a call to 911 brought the ambulance to us, and we BOTH got taken in.

I was stitched up, and Bill was admitted to the hospital.

Not the original plan, I fear.

No comments: