Friday, June 15, 2012

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS CRAP

I can't write this on Facebook with unleashing an avalanche of right-wing indignation from many of my friends -- and I don't think anyone besides myself and very occasionally my oldest daughter read this blog, so....

RECOGNITION OF GAYS IN THE MILITARY:

Gosh, I remember when the idea of allowing women to serve in combat units was COMPLETELY unacceptable - it would destroy the balance of the military - no military unit would function correctly ever again...

Seems like there was quite a big fuss when African-Americans/blacks/even 'colored' were allowed to serve in racially diverse units.

What do you people really think allowing homosexuals to publicly admit their sexual preference will DO? Suddenly the majority of our children are going to suddenly 'become' gay? Gay men are going to rape straight men in public restrooms? What is it you fear? Or are you that unsure of your own sexuality that you are afraid that your preferences may suddenly change?

I can understand that some people think homosexual love is wrong - okay, that's their view.

But I'm a heck of a lot more concerned about men who beat their wives - people who sexually abuse children - girls who are forced into prostitution - parents who abuse their children - people who push drugs - homeless people who have to live in the streets - people who are hungry and unhealthy and have no one to turn to.



Aren't these problems just a little bit more important than a couple of men who love each other?





ALLOWING CERTAIN CHILDREN OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATES TO REMAIN LEGALLY:

This again seems so obvious to me.

The parents illegally entered the United States at one time.

Most of them were looking for work - for a better life for their family - freedom - the chance to do more and have education for their children.

If any of you have spent any time in Mexico, you have seen the squalor and wretchedness of the living conditions of the poor.

If any of us had to live in those conditions, we would want to enter the United States illegal too.

Why should the children have to pay for their parents' "misdeeds"?

Then I should have to pay all the federal taxes my father got away without paying for decades by having students pay him in cash.

I should be responsible for all the medical supplies my mother pilfered from various medical offices.

Heck, I should have to pay back all the income a certain relative of mine earned by living a lie.

Does that seem right to you?









 This sign sums it up perfectly for me.
















No comments: