Thursday, February 23, 2012

HORSE OF THE ROMAN GODS

When asked what breed my very first horse, Sherman, was, I would reply, "Clydesdale and Shetland Pony... and no one would question it.

He was barely above 14 hands, but with HUGE feathered hoofs and a black mane cascading over his proud thick neck.


So I guess I've always had a thing for draft horses.




A girl named Alexis at our barn would always be galloping off on her Shire - a tiny figure on top of this mammoth thundering mass.


And there I was, at 5'9", with my feet almost touching the ground as I followed with my little pony/draft cross.


But now my husband, who is NOT a horse person, has fallen in love with a draft horse.
It may be a momentary infatuation - a passing fancy - but I think it may a little bit more.



And these guys have nothing to do with anything in this blog, but aren't they cool?

No comments: