Monday, February 6, 2012

JUST A LITTLE BIT OF AGE CREEPING UP, SORRY




First of all, my apologies to you, Harmony.

You call or text me faithfully every single evening (even now that I have other humans living here).

You check to make certain I am okay, what's happening in my little world, play therapist with my rantings and railings.


And last night (in particular) you were exposed to WAY too much from me.


"Ah, when I cough, it's like..."

"Oh, and my sinuses are still...."

"And last night in the bathroom, you could not BELIEVE...."




Okay, well, maybe not that last one.

But this is becoming one thing and one thing alone - OLD PERSON SPEAK.

This is when elderly people begin to talk freely about bodily functions, complain about what the kids are doing nowadays, talk about what it was like in their youth....

I do NOT mind getting older - really, I do now - but I do object STRONGLY to behaving like an old person.


Yeah - I believe this.

So again, sorry, sweetie. I'll try to do better.

And you have my permission to remind me when I forget!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is not old people talk. That is " my friend who I can talk to about ANYTHING, enema-buying, text boob flashing friend" talk.

TOTALLY different! Keep it coming!

Harmony