Thursday, February 9, 2012

AND NOW THE END




There are some things I am very, very good at.







I am good at making friends with animals. I can walk up to almost any animal and get them to accept me pretty quickly.

(Well, it may help that I live with eight horses and two dogs, and I smell like it)

I make forms look simply lovely - application forms, information sheets - Print Shop and I have a very tight bond.




And I can put church programs together.






I've had a lot of experience - I've been a Mormon for over 35 years now - and have gotten good at lining things up, delegating away all the things I either do not want to do or simply CAN'T do.





But it's still a lot of work - organizing it,, advertising it, following up on assignments, getting everything coordinated.

And it's a lot of worry - is everyone going to do their part, will everyone show up, what if too many people do come, are the correct rooms reserved, will it all work?

And tonight, it was a bit of a comedy of errors - several groups all scheduled for the same room - a choir having to practice ten minutes before our program began - 35 young men trying to be in the same room as over a hundred frosted cupcakes.

But almost every single girl showed up - including a couple I had no idea would show up - only one chickened out of her part - most parents came - only one girls came not dressed in her Sunday best.



Any it all worked out.






Best news of all?

It's over for another year.

Whew.

No comments: