Monday, February 13, 2012

HOSPITAL HOSPITALITY


My daughter Joy had surgery on her right ankle this morning, mainly to see how advanced her arthritis is and if there is any other damage.










I discovered that there are reasons to live in Tucson Arizona - one of the them has to be Oro Valley, where the hospital and our hotel were located.









And although sitting in a hospital out-patient surgery waiting room for six hours would not normally be my idea of fun, I actually had a pretty nice time.









I learned WAY too much about most of the gastronomical procedures that the majority of the people there were waiting to have down.


There were three people that I don't think stopped laughing once the hour they were waiting - it was wonderful.


Quite a few people were as open and nosy and/or friendly as I normally am, and wanted to know where I was from, what I did, and what did I think about the Republican candidates?
And there was a cafeteria which did have some pretty decent pizza.


But then we had to LEAVE the hospital. And the hotel we are staying in did not have a wheelchair. And Joy could NOT really hop on one foot to room 109.




So I pushed her in an office chair.


Wish I had had someone around to film it - we might have made YouTube,

No comments: