Monday, May 27, 2013

WRITING FICTION

I need reminders.

I surround myself with sticky notes, framed affirmations, bumper stickers, and not-quite-but-close-to tattoos to keep myself on track with self-improvements, motivations, and a close eye on my leaky memory.

And one of the areas I have recommitted myself to is writing fiction.

I am allowing my BBC Sherlock-addiction to bleed slowly out of my system into a bit of Sherlock fanfiction (what else do we Cumber-babes have to do until Season 3 finally comes out? I mean, besides seeing Star Trek Into Darkness time and time again).

It's easy writing since the majority of all the character development is already done through the show - the scenes, room setup, main line of persona's come directly from the television show.

It's actually more fun than writing a blog - except that I actually check and re-check my spelling, grammar, and sweat over plot development with my fanfiction, and I simply let my fingers dance over the keyboard and thoughts wander in and out of reality with this blog.

Some day I may actually get brave and post some of it here.

As long as no one expects that level of writing to continue.


No comments: