Thursday, May 2, 2013

THE MOTHMAN PROPHECIES

I try not to kill living things.

Okay, well yes, I do eat my occasional In 'N Out burger.

I will step on critters that get inside my house.

But I don't kill rattlesnakes, and I will ignore flies and bees outside my house. I'll walk around ant hills - I don't shoot at birds or deer - I try to keep my dogs from chasing rabbits (they don't kill them, they just cause cardiac arrest as they try to race them).

Yet I have swatted a LOT of flies throughout my lifetime - I did run over a snake on the highway that one time - and I ended up killing that huge mouse that got stuck in the toilet....

Have you every wondered if animals/bugs/life forms think about getting back at us?

I wonder if this is the time for revenge.

Tonight, the ceiling of my front room was COVERED with moths.

Not flying, not even wing-beating -- but stationary, stuck on the ceiling, Lepidopteras all over every part.

I waited a minute to see if they would attack me.

And then got my husband to come out and kill all of them.

See, I'm not killing anything - HE is!


1 comment:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

bahhahahaha I had this exact thought the other day!!! I don't like to kill bugs, it makes me sad.... but I can't stand knowing that they are in my habitat. And then I get all guilty for not being more merciful. But if the husband does it then I don't have to worry about the guilt or my phobia!!! ahahahah And my husband slightly hates it!