Wednesday, May 1, 2013

AN UNSOLICITED AD FOR CRAIG'S LIST

Going completely against my dear husband's advice, I posted on Craig's list yesterday morning: "FREE MINIATURE GOATS - 4 adults and 2 newborns."

They were gone by 5 p.m. that evening to a lovely family; seeing the young children carrying the baby goats to the trailer was wonderful.

And I guess a lot of stupid things happen to people who are either stupid or really naive.

I've heard about people meeting strangers about some item on Craig's list and being robbed or tricked or taken advantage of.

And yes, I thought about whether I should put my address on the ad, especially since I live so far out in the country.

But I am not a small person - I'm old enough to be smart enough to not be lured into what are common tricks ("May I come inside to use your phone," "Oh, can you meet me over at my place," "Could you step a little closer?"). I do have a weapon on-hand, I do know how to fight (perhaps not very well, but I know where to punch and kick and hit).



Plus I asked my husband to get off work a little bit early so he could be there also.

Just in case.

No comments: