Wednesday, February 6, 2013

DEPARTMENT OF REDUNDANCY DEPARTMENT

I often joke that one of the advantages of having Alzheimer's is that every time you see a movie or read a book, you're still surprised at the ending.

I'm guilty of seeing movies again and again and again.

And I read books until quite literally the cover is worn away.

I don't think it's completely my poor memory.

If the writing/directing/acting is good/outstanding/unique, I simply like seeing it again. I don't get easily bored - I can appreciate the performance each time.

I love romantic comedies - the girl always get the guy.

I will listen to a song I love over and over and over; I don't seem to ever get tired of it.

Or is it simply trying to have some control over my life?

I can't stabilize most things - I can't control my brother's infection - I can't decide if my husband's job is going to be there next week. I have had horses die, I have animals become ill, I have lost people in my life.

Friendships change - relationships change - change is the only constant.


But "While You Were Sleeping" will always make me smile - "Lord of the Rings" will always put me right into Middle Earth - George Michael's "Father Figure" will always have me singing along.


Maybe it's a good thing.


No comments: