Monday, July 9, 2012

PULLING OUT THE VERY LAST TRICK

When people talk about talents, they generally are referring to something musical, like playing an instrument or singing - or physical attributes, such as being a strong basketball player, or running - and sometimes crocheting, sewing or making really good brownies.




When pressed, I will admit my one true talent.

I can put babies to sleep.



I honestly don't think it's really a talent - I just am an exceptionally boring person, and they just give up shortly after discovering that.

But I am a good person to give a fussy baby to during church services.

And so I do end up with one of the Campbell twins on my shoulder almost every Sunday.


Today, I literally got to the end of my rope.

My regular rocking wasn't taking hold.


The walking and rocking didn't either.

The walking, rocking and rhythmically shussing ... hmm, no.

Finally got to the very last one.

Singing the Mockingbird Song.


No comments: