Wednesday, April 2, 2014

WIND WIND WIND



Did you know that the highest recorded wind was 253 mph., at Barrow Island in Australia?

And the world's record for heat was actually set at Death Valley, California at 134 degree?  (and I always figured the hottest places would be in the tropics)

The wind right now here is probably 30-40 mph - it's tough to stand up in, the dirt it is kicking up stings my face, but it's nothing hurricane strength.

So why am I complaining about it?

Because of the NOISE.



My poor little old dog cannot distinguish between the sound of the wind and oh let's say a  burglar trying to break down my front door.



So she is reacting to both with the same intense (albeit pretend) ferocity of barking and racing around, awaiting (her completely imaginary) illegal entry of our abode.

I just want some quiet.

No comments: