Sunday, October 27, 2013

FORGETTING FACES

My mother-in-law is in her eighties, and is becoming more conscious of her memory lapses.

Tonight she was trying to remember the first name of a woman she had know all of her (the woman's) life, and simply couldn't come up with it. And was trying to be cheerful about it, but it obviously bothered her.

I have always had problems with putting the correct name to the face. Since young adulthood.

I have a brain injury I can blame part of it on, but I simply have never had a great memory for names.

I can blame the fact that some people simply don't look like their name (I am forever having problems with Yvonne, who simply does not LOOK like a Yvonne - a Kathy, a Lisa, great, but not a Yvonne).


Or perhaps this is early Alzheimer's, settling into my poor damaged brain early.

No comments: