Friday, September 9, 2011

I'M AFRAID

I'm not scared of a lot of things.

Heights, yes.

But I live - alone - a couple of miles from a popular drug/people smuggling corridor on the Mexican border.

My house was in danger of being burnt to the ground a couple of months ago.

I got 14 stitches on the right side of my head on Saturday.

I take care of eight horses.

So most of the time I think I'm pretty brave.

But not tonight.

We've had hail - serious hail that makes it sound like every single window in your house is going to break..

The temperature dropped almost twenty degrees in just an hour or so.

We've had insane lightning - not regular lightning that shows up with clouds and thunder, but the weird type to leaps from cloud to cloud even when the majority of the sky is clear and a full moon is shining down on you.

And when it breaks into horizontal bolts, it's the type of light that hurts your eyes and leaves the image on your retina for the next two minutes.

Yeah, I want a teddy bear, a blankie and someone to hug right now.

1 comment:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

WOW!!! That is a lot of stitches and you are brave!!!!

That sounds like a seriously intense storm!!!!