Monday, August 15, 2011

WHEN THE SONG SAYS IT ALL

 I cannot allow myself to stay at the iTunes store for very long.

It's not the new releases, but all the 'classic' rock & roll, almost everything from the 80's (listened to a lot of radio that decade), half of the things from the 90's...

Well, I will spend a LOT of money, even with 99 cent downloads before I even know that I'm doing.

But one which I downloaded... and then promptly forgot that I had purchased until a few days ago (bet you didn't know that dementia added such fun surprises to your life, did ya?) was George Harrison's "Blow Away."

Now, for those of you who don't know me, I should mention that I have a hearing problem.

And George Harrison has a sweet British accent.

And when I 'rediscovered' this song the other day, and listened to it once again, I was certain that the lyrics went:

All I got to do is to love you, All I got to be is to be happy, All it's got to take is some hope to make it, blow away, blow away, blow away.

And suddenly those words made perfect, perfect sense.

It sums up life.

We are here to "love God, with all our heart, soul and strength, and our neighbor as ourself."

And "men are, that they might have joy."

Then "for without faith there cannot be any hope."

 Of course, then I looked up the lyrics, and discovered that is was not  "some hope to make it" but "some warmth to make it."

Oh, well.

No comments: