Thursday, April 18, 2013

GOING BACKWARDS?




I have the art of procrastination honed down to almost perfection.



I can put off even the simplest matters for an obscene amount of time, even when it is something I don't even really mind doing. It just sometimes is more fun to wait until the situation has become sort of a crisis.



And, of course, part of the human tendency to delay seems to come from the completely illogical and vain hope that the task will somehow vanish.



It's amazing how we let something which we choose to do (or rather, NOT do) affect our stress level. With me, at least, it getS to the point where if the task had simply been done when originally presented, I would have avoided tension headaches, worried stomach AND the constant concern wearing me down.



Can you tell that I have a stack of items right next to my keyboard which I am avoiding?

No comments: