Wednesday, November 14, 2012

MARRIWAGE...THAT DWEAM WIFIN A DWEAM

Someone, actually a very nice young woman I know quite well, posted this on Facebook this morning:

Marriage is between one woman and one man. That's bibical. Anything else is something, but it's not marriage. If you believe this, LIKE and SHARE.  What do you think? Share your thoughts with us.

I know that anything I write/post/scream will not change hers or anyone else's point - I'm so tired of all the election-shouting that has been going on - but here in my own little personal blog, I can blow off some steam.


And I NEED to.

"Marriage is between one woman and one man. That's Biblical."

Hmm. Biblical.



Well, so is polygamy. (Genesis 4:23 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; yewives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.)

If a man marries a divorced woman, he is guilty of adultery. (Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery)

There is also allowing your daughters to be raped ( Genesis 19:Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them asis good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.)

And get your daughters pregnant ( Genesis 19:33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.)

You get my point.

Add caption
The Bible is a collection of records - some very spiritual and enlightening - some simply the records of what people do - and it ain't all pretty.

And I have no problem with using a particular reference or scripture to prove a point.

But then don't try to hide behind the term "Biblical."

And this "ad" is obviously pointed towards the heretics who support same-sex marriage.



Yes, I agree, same-sex marriage is not ideal - it may even be sinful.

But if we are going after "sinful" stuff, let us as a society PLEASE tackle the much more prevalent problems of martial  infidelity - cheating on your spouse - spousal abuse - child abuse - sexual abuse - sexual abuse of a child - WAY before we try to stop two people who care enough about each other to want to be married, share property, insurance and benefits.


No comments: