Thursday, December 29, 2011

STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK

Problems expand so as to fill all the emotional space available.

And I fully acknowledge that this past year I have had as unproblematic a time as humanly possible.

(Well, if you don't count adding six horses, four different dogs, a broken nose and sixteen stitches on my skull)

But right now I have just one too many dilemmas in my life.

I am adjusting to having a husband back from a war zone.

We now also have my diabetic, partially blinded older brother living with us.

My church organization is beginning a new year of youth activities with absolutely NO plan in place.

And my mother-in-law had surgery this morning in Oregon, draining fluid from her brain following a stroke this weekend - so my husband is agonizing as to whether he should immediately fly out there, caught between his duty as a dutiful son and the presence of another family member he does not live already being out there.

It could be worse - it could be much MUCH worse - but I am suddenly having daily headaches, trouble breathing, and rapid heart beat.

Any chance we could at least eliminate one of these problems?

No comments: