Monday, April 4, 2011

WWJD?

Certain voices bring specific images to mind.

And my gospel doctrine teacher has this wonderful voice; part Old Testament God, part remonstrative father speaking to the returning prodigal son, and just a little itsy bit of "WWKF, Rock and Roll Hits! Live right here in Philadelphia! All hits, all the time!

(Which for a Sunday School teacher is better than sounding like Animal from the Muppets, right?)

This past Sunday's lesson was mainly about Mark 1, when Christ began performing miracle and healing people:"And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean."

And this same teacher (God/DJ voice) raised this very specific query: How can we show Christlike love and compassion for those around us?

I should mention that at this moment I had, five days earlier, BROKEN MY NOSE. One of my horses spooked and slammed me face first into our fine Arizona desert concrete. And I'm not exaggerating, guys, using this photo - I looked like the loser of a prize-fight.

And so far everyone in this particular Sunday School class were doing a very good job of avoiding meeting my eyes - even when I raised my hand and made a LONG comment about the lesson.

So after the class? Did anyone walk up to me, ask how it happened, could they do anything to help, was I still in pain?

Yup - can you believe it?

No comments: