Sunday, April 3, 2011

GETTING TOO CLOSE

I wrote a blog about my aunt when she was killed, and was surprised when I heard right away from a second cousin I didn't even know existed begging me to immediately withdraw it. I had mentioned my aunt's full, legal name, and the police needed nothing to be mentioned in the 'press' until the murder investigation was completed.

So I hesitate to talk about a police raid about 880 yards away from my front door. Although I don't think any of you (well, except for Harmony) actually know where I live, I am afraid that if I blog about it, a county sheriff deputy is going to begin banging on my front door, the upcoming court date will somehow become invalid because of me, and these... let's call them 'individuals' for the time being (following the premise "innocent until proven guilty") will be released.

I live a couple of miles from an international border, in a corridor used for both human and drug smuggling. Some form of law enforcement is patrolling within literally minutes of my house at all times. I have a neighbor up the road who was held hostage for two days in his own house.

And yet I feel such disgust and a sense of degradation from the alleged abuse and exploitation of children occurring behind, granted, closed doors - but doors I can see from my own windows.

Especially when my grandchildren were here visiting when the police raid went down.

 
For the first time in my life, I am looking at the drug smugglers and the coyotes as preferable trespassers.

No comments: