Monday, April 4, 2011

WALKING THAT FINE LINE

  
I can accept the fact that there must needs be opposition in all things.

We can't really understand health if we didn't have illness. Warmth doesn't mean much if you have never experience cold. Hunger makes you appreciate being fed.

But I have finally given up on two balancing acts which daily have driven me to the brink of distraction.

1) The seat in my truck. If it is upright enough for my back, the head-rest is then rubbing the back of my head, causing, literally causing hair to fall out. But then if I tilt it back enough that I can retain my thinning hair, my back doesn't have any support.

I can't find the balance here. And...

2) The temperature of my shower.

It seems pretty obvious - you turn the little knob so far in between H and C, and you simply leave it there, and you get perfectly warm water each time... right?

HA!

Clearly, the very instant that I walk out of my bathroom, some seriously dedicated hobgoblins immediately begin working on it. I'm not certain how they do it - if they shrink the hot water pipeline, if they alternate the reality the faucet exists in - but by the time I come back in, it is seemingly impossible to locate the correct water temperature... once again.

Any suggestions, anyone?

No comments: