Sunday, March 30, 2014

SO I CAUSED ANOTHER EARTHQUAKE....

Friday evening, I was scheduled to fly out of LAX homeward bound for Arizona.

Mechanical difficulties, I assume - the actual announcement was "All Tucson flights have been cancelled; go to United customer service."

I hastened there, in the vain belief that somehow I would get better hotel accommodations if I was one of the first in line. 

Ha.

I got instructions to catch a shuttle to the Ramada Plaza hotel.

After waiting almost an hour for something, ANYthing with a Ramada logo, a modest van showed up to give myself and three other Tucson-declined travelers a ride to a... well, less-than-modest hotel within eye sight of the iconic LAX restaurant. 

I get checked in... was informed by a random resident, "Don't go over to the exercise room, there's a couple having sex there right now...." found my room, including dinged furniture, several non-working lights, and only one working telephone.


I did the only practical thing possible.... ordered pizza.

Then sat down, trying to find something reasonable to watch on television.



Suddenly, the bed I was sitting on began shaking.

My first thought was, oh, now, someone BIG in the next room is having SEX.

Then I realized - it was an earthquake.

Not a big one - just 5.1 on the Richter scale

Enough to let you know it's an earthquake, enough to roll everything around some, and enough to get all the news anchors excited again - "Could this be the preliminary to the BIG one?!?

Thanks goodness - it was only that one small one.

No comments: