Saturday, March 1, 2014

RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY....



We need rain.... desperately.

We're not in anything like the drought in California - I mean, hey, we're in Arizona.


But we've had a good growing season, and then a longer than normal dry period, where everything which grew has turned into tinder.

We've got a very, very high fire rating right now.

So we need the rain.



But I don't need the rain.




My husband keeps remarking what a comforting sound rain makes.

While when I hear rain falling, I'm thinking

- my poor horse is outside standing in it.

- my poor dog, who doesn't understand why she keeps getting put on in the rain, and just waits patiently at the same door to come back in.

- a leak which shows up occasionally in my bathroom.

- how muddy it's going to be tomorrow.

Maybe I need to watch "Singing In The Rain" before I try to go to sleep to change my attitude.

No comments: