Saturday, January 5, 2013

INTERACTIONS GREAT AND SMALL

Some people I love talking with.

Some people I dread.

My daughter has been here for the past week, with her husband and two simply wonderful children (not that this grandmother is at all biased), and it is pure joy to simply gab away with her for hours - about the kids, human nature, memories, life's experiences.

My brother has been hospitalized for this same period of time for a serious infection in his left leg. And it has been incredibly relaxing to not have to tip-toe around when he is resting, to be able to play music at a normal volume, and (yes, you guessed it) NOT have to talk with him.

Let me correct that last statement - to not have to listen to him. Conversations with my brother are extremely one-sided --- HIS side.

Since I do not, as he strongly and repeatedly states, have any taste in music, topics of discussion or really any areas of interest, I generally am expected to sit and drink in his expansive (and oft purely imaginary) expertise in a number of areas.

I like talking to my daughter much better.

No comments: