Wednesday, August 8, 2012

DEFYING GRAVITY

Balance is difficult for some. Me? I am so unsymmetrical that I am amazed every time I make it across a room without falling over. Both my right arm and leg are significantly longer than my left - my eyes are misaligned enough that simple reading glasses need to be worn askance to be effective -- I can't chew bubble gum and walk at the same time.

So I forced constantly to adjust my stance, my momentum, my overall action and energies to not fall flat on the floor (although that literally do happen occasionally).

But I don't deliberately alternate my social and/or political beliefs to align and/or calculatingly clash (as some people do - the deliberate clash, I mean).


So I find myself somehow hanging somewhere around the middle of everything - and so infuriating EVERYONE ELSE.

I'm not the Republican conservative that most Mormons are - but I'm not the liberal Democrat that my husband wishes to be.

I support traditional family relationships -- but also am fully in favor of gays being allowed to marry.

I think abortion is the termination of a human life -- but don't think abortion should be illegal.

I agree that the government shouldn't be responsible for solving every one's problems -- but I have a disabled adult child who could  not live interdependently without food stamps and her state low-income health insurance.

I KNOW that the people who earn more money should be taxed more.

So I'm somewhere in the middle of all of this -and continue to make BOTH sides furious at me.

1 comment:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

hahahahah both sides mad at you!!! Hey its great to have your own opinion!!! And its very important because it is what makes you you and what makes you different from all the others!! No one should be a cookie cutter, where would be the fun in that? I liked reading this because I liked getting to know you, and especially politics because that can be such a taboo to some people. I just think it is funny when you can't have a peaceful discussion, why do people always try to prove you are wrong or dumb because you don't meet their views and standards.... because they are clearly on a high horse and should get off hahahahha. But seriously why can't people just have an opinion with out it being taken to such offense? So I liked this post because it shows other that you can!!! You can be you and there is nothing wrong with that and it's not a personal attack!!! So lets both sides be mad!! Who said you had to be red or blue.... what about purple??