Thursday, May 26, 2011

2 NEPHI 2:11

"For it must needs be that there is an opposition in all things. If not so,...righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good or bad."

You can't know happiness if you have never been sad.

You can't be good unless there is evil.

You can't appreciate good breath if you never smelled bad.

Well, you get the point, right?




99.9% of the time, I am just perfectly fine being here at home with the dogs and horses and wild rabbits. I love hearing the wind - the horses nickering (mostly when it's about time to be fed, I must admit) - birds singing - the huge airplanes that fly low over my house as part of border patrol... well, that last one isn't quite as romantic sounding, but it is part of reality three miles from Mexico.

I play a lot of music - I watch every single episode of "Whose Line Is It Anyway" and "Castle" for company - I talk to the animals probably more often than is necessary to be diagnosed with clinical lycanthropy.


But most of the time I am fine.

Until I get someone to talk to for an entire evening - someone that I share a background with, who is comfortable with me and I am comfortable with.



And then suddenly, I feel kinda lonely knowing they aren't going to be here tomorrow.

No comments: