Saturday, December 1, 2007

Harmony mentioned something yesterday that I hadn't really thought about before; she was having a difficult coming up with something for her blog if she didn't 'feel' like writing. I guess I just always imagine I am talking to someone who can't interrupt, can't argue, and HAS to pay attention to whatever I am saying! Sort of like talking to Murray.

I am trying to write this, finish up my laundry, watch re-runs of "Firefly", watch for essential email updates so I can hopefully get the ward bulletin done TONIGHT instead of the 9:25 a.m. Sunday morning scramble, AND deal with a headache (which I think is simply my eyes trying to tell me that I've been on the computer for too many hours today).

I think the expression "multi-tasking' came into play with some man came up with it to make himself sound better on his work evaluation - it's what we women have been doing for centuries before.

I was jokingly accused of 'bribery' tonight when I ordered a pizza for my second child (it's a deal we have - if she works more hours than she is scheduled to, I get her a combination pepperoni/ supreme medium). And although it's four hours until the Sabbath, and I will probably be struck with lightening for this observation, isn't sort-of long-term bribery what Heavenly Father uses on us? Promise for celestial glory - eternal families - exaltation? I guess it sounds better to say 'promises', and it definitely isn't instant gratification (which is what my second child works on), but really, isn't it bribery?

(Okay, I'm ready for that zap - KABOOM!!!!!)

No comments: