Sunday, December 28, 2014

ANOTHER WAY TO FIGHT TERRORISM

My husband's job for years has been working for the government dealing with anti-terrorism.

I thought I had heard about terrorism in every way possible.

Until I read this article at http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/26/opinion/soussan-weingarten-gender-equality/index.html?hpt=hp_t3 this evening.

Summary - Even terrorists have fears. And the prospect of gender equality appears to rank high on their list of worst nightmares. The logic, for them, is simple. Empowered women would never accept the brutal ideology espoused by terrorist leaders as the rule of their land. Educated women and girls would fundamentally challenge the power structure of organizations like ISIS. Therefore, if you carry out the argument, they must be suppressed and enslaved.

I had never thought of it that way.
 


No comments: