Saturday, February 1, 2014

THE BEST OF TIMES, THE WORSE OF TIMES

I moved my older brother from the nursing home he has been at the past year into his own apartment yesterday.

And although it was a long, exhausting day, it went much better than I anticipated.

He hadn't really packed anything, besides knowing about the move for weeks in advance.

But he was dressed and ready and even in his wheelchair.

The staff hadn't even begun his discharge paperwork, despite being told the date the week before.

My brother couldn't find his insurance card - and I had five prescriptions to fill for him.

But the pharmacy, albeit over a six hour period, did help me get the scripts to him.

So it wasn't perfect.

But it could have been SOOOOOOO much more difficult.

And he's very happy to be in his own quiet room.

However, I am now anticipating a whole new set of problems to show up.... very soon.

No comments: