Friday, January 27, 2012

JOY IN THE MORNING

Psalms 30:5 - ...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.









Sometimes a sleepless night can become a positive and uplifting experience.


The kitchen got cleaned really well (which with three different cooks, it needed very much!).






Pinterest took up way too much time.




I persisted on a string of Spider Solitaire games until I finally WON one (and I am pretty good at this - I just don't like losing!).




I printed an entire slew of signs/affirmations/silly sayings, framed them and scattered them all around the house.








I almost always get to see the sunrise when I go out to feed the animals, but this morning was an especially pretty and rosy one.



It's also different to be completely AWAKE when I am out - I notice how many of my neighbors are already leaving for work... or perhaps to begin their weekends a little bit early.

(Normally, I am stumbling outside in a still half-asleep state -- enough to get the horses fed, eat breakfast, but then able to go back to sleep for at least another hour)

I see a lot more movement in the brush as the quail are beginning to mate and nest, and the rabbits seem to be repopulating the universe.

 And I can hear Sissy, my latest dog, doing her loud sniffing, snorting and canine exclamations as she discovers new olfactory sensations on the ground - usually coyotes who have crossed our yard, the deer who come down from the mountains for the water, and perhaps the scent of a Border Patrol agent or a lost illegal.






But now I think I'm ready to try to get to sleep.

Wish me luck.

No comments: