Sunday, January 9, 2011

HEY, JO... I MEAN, RACHAEL... I MEAN, SALLY....


Probably everyone has called someone by the wrong name.

It can get sticky - you call your husband by an old boyfriend's name - use your dog's name instead of your mother-in-law's - it can be awkward to say the least.

My mother, for my entire life, called me by my older sister's name.

And as a mother, I have generally gone through all three of my kids' names until I hit the upon the right one.

But now I am in a much deeper quandary.

Right now I have Josephine, Roo, Triple-A, Rachael, Renegade, Samuel, Najale, Sally, Sofi, Delilah, and Pandora.

I confuse Triple-A and Josephine, because they are mother and daughter, and have almost identical markings.

Samuel, Sofi, Sally - I'm sorry, all the S's just run together.

Roo is pretty easy to remember.

So for the moment, when I go out to the pasture, I simply go through every one's names, and hope that they can at least hear their name in there somewhere.

No comments: