Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WINDOWS UP, WINDOWS DOWN

All summer long, the battle is waged between the outside and the inside.


I'm not a great believer in air-conditioning. Well, no, that's not correct. I mean, air-conditioning makes air cooler, etc. etc. etc.

But when there is any kind of breeze, I believe firmly in opening windows, doors, and keeping fans going. And NOT turning on the A/C.

Because I pay the electricity bill.

One of the advantages of living in a manufactured house (and don't you ever refer to my home as a trailer or a mobile home, okay? NEVER) is that the insulation (since 1978) is required to met standards for places like the North Pole.

Or the South Pole, I guess.

So the temperature in my house is at least

But the past six months of so have been, every morning around 5:30 a.m., I've been slamming the windows down, to keep the 90 to 100 degree heat outside.

And then around 5:30 p.m., when the sun had set behind the Huachuca mountains and the temperatures are dropping, the same windows get pushed UP to let in the evening cool

No comments: