Wednesday, May 13, 2009

SHRINKING FAST

Depression can be a truly horrible thing.




I was extremely fortunate to have a very loving, supportive father. He always thought, and told me what an incredibly brilliant and great person I was - and those of you who know me can testify to my inflated ego and self-image.




Some people are not so lucky.




Small towns can be friendly, supportive communities - or they can be gossipy, suspicious groups of narrow-minded persons who can harp on one mistake/experience and hang on to it forever.




Maybe it was good that my family moved so often. If anyone had a negative view of me or my family when I was little, it didn't matter much - we were living in another area soon.




It also helped when I was in the same town for junior and senior high that my dad, still my support and eternal fan, was well-known as a music teacher.

No comments: